Peaceful Heart Mindfulness Community meets at the Buffalo Unitarian Universalist Church
every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 12 noon.
A typical meeting session includes:
- 30 minutes sitting meditation with recorded dharma talk
by Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 10 minutes walking meditation.
- 25 minutes silent sitting meditation.
- 3 minutes walking meditation.
- 15 minutes practice activity (the 1st Saturday of the
month, this will be recitation of the 5 Mindfulness
Trainings. The other
Saturdays may include sutra recitation, touching the earth, guided
meditation, or other practices from our tradition).
- Remainder of session: Dharma sharing (dharma
As our group continues to grow, Days of
Mindfulness, visits to other practice communities, and various social and
educational events may be scheduled.
The Buffalo Unitarian Universalist Church is located at:
695 Elmwood Avenue
at West Ferry Street
Buffalo, NY 14222-1697